A humidor is a humidity-controlled box or room used primarily for storing cigars, cigarettes, or pipe tobacco. Either too much or too little humidity can be harmful to tobacco products; a humidor's primary function is to maintain a steady, desirable moisture level inside; secondarily it protects its contents from physical damage and deterioration from sunlight.
For private use, small wooden boxes holding a few dozen cigars or less are common, while cigar shops may have walk-in humidors. Other uses include maintaining a constant humidity level in baseballs: the Colorado Rockies Major League Baseball team stores its game balls in a large humidor at their home stadium to counteract the effects of Denver's low humidity. Many humidors use hygrometers to monitor their humidity levels.
You can buy a cigar humidor that is made in the cheapest option, with a cup and a dipped sponge, acting as a humidifier, or expensive exclusive models. They are equipped with a special electronic device including auto sprayer when the humidity level is below the settled point.
There are humidors which are used for storage of several types of cigars. They are usually divided into different sections. This helps to avoid smells mixing.
User manual for humidors:
With your new humidor you are able to keep your cigars at the right temperature and the right humidity.
We recommend the following procedure:
- don’t put cigars immediately into the humidor,
- remove any inserts, drawers or dividers,
- place a flat container with distilled water in the empty humidor for a couple of days,
- fill the humidifier either with a special liquid or with distilled water,
- the humidifier should always be attached in the middle of the lid of the humidor. (the humidifier is magnetic),
- humidity should be about 70%. it is controlled by the hygrometer. it should also be attached in the middle of the lid of the humidor (the hygrometer is magnetic),
- now you are ready to put your cigars into the humidor,
- in case humidity goes down, fill distilled water in the humidifier. IMPORTANT:
- use only distilled water available in the pharmacy. distilled water offered in supermarkets (e.g. for irons) is often only decalcified. it possibly contains germs and moulds,
- liquid is specified only for vaporization of the water. therefore, it should be refilled after 2-3 months at the earliest.
Humidor for cigars | cigar box | cigar storage | humidor with glass | elegant humidor | humidor with drawers | container for cigars
ELENPIPE® - distributor and wholesale supplier of smoking pipes and accessories.
We offer various range of gift articles for MEN and WOMEN, for all occasions, such as: smoking pipes and accessories for cigars and pipes, tools and cleaners, cigarette holders, cigarette filters and papers, rolling and tube mashines; plastic and metal lighters, ashtrays, cigarette cases, shishas (hookahs), cigarette holders.
We created our own collection with items hand embellished with original Swarovski® crystals.
Collection consist from cosmetic pocket mirrors, Czech crystal glass nail files, cigarette holders, gift lighters hand embellished with Swarovski® crystals. Each items is carefully handmade by our skilled workers.
We offer Wide range of board wooden games, produced in Poland: chess, backgammons, checkers.
More than 1,500 items permanently available in our assortment
Let start SHOP online with www.elenpipe-sw.com International method of payment & Shipping is available.
Login OR Register.... & take -20% for new wholesale or retail customers!